Exceptional Results by Schroth, Schroth & Madigan
Schroth, Schroth & Madigan has successfully represented clients’ interests in a number of important cases. Here are a few examples where our work has made a real difference:
- We obtained a half million dollar settlement for our client who was assaulted outside of a bar.
- We settled a personal injury truck accident case 3 weeks before trial in Federal Court. The initial Insurance Company offer was $30,000. After hiring us, and we prepared for trial, the Insurance Company paid more than 10 times their original offer.
- Obtained a six figure settlement for an elderly woman who fell and was injured in the parking lot of a local grocery store. We obtained an 80 percent reduction in the medical lien for the client.
- We obtained a six figure settlement for a woman who was injured when she fell down a poorly maintained stairwell.
- Our client was injured when her vehicle was hit by someone running a red light. We obtained the full policy limits of the at-fault party’s insurance as well as the full policy limits of our client’s underinsured coverage.
- We successfully obtained the full policy limits from our client’s underinsured coverage after she was injured while crossing at an intersection downtown.
Employment Law / Sexual Harassment
- We obtained a six-figure settlement on behalf of three female employees in a case against Bank of America that involved claims of sexual harassment and unpaid wages.
- We successfully brought an action for Family and Medical Leave Act violations against a Fortune 500 company. The action was brought in the District Court of California, Southern District of California, and was settled prior to trial.
- We brought an appeal on behalf of our client who had recently been terminated and had their unemployment insurance benefits wrongly denied. The appeal was heard before the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. The decision was successfully overturned, allowing our client to collect Unemployment Insurance.
- We successfully negotiated a severance package on behalf of a top level executive during his career transition. We were able to more than double the amount of severance being provided to our client upon his termination from employment. The employer was a multinational corporation.
- We brought an employee grievance before the Public Employment Relations Board on behalf of a city worker. The appeal successfully resolved the issue.
- Man from Texas who did not know how to drive on snow-covered roads lost control of his vehicle and crashed into our client who was driving to her house cleaning job. Before a lawsuit was even filed we were able to negotiate a policy limit settlement over $250,000.
- We recently obtained a six-figure settlement against a major transportation company and its bus driver on behalf of child passengers.
Consumer / Product Safety
- The firm was actively involved in the litigation to hold the growers and producers of tainted cantaloupe that poisoned over 100 people with listeria. The foodborne bacteria killed more than 35 people including one of the firms clients. We brought suit in Wyoming on behalf of the widow and adult children that resulted in a substantial six figure recovery.
- In 2009, we obtained an acquittal of a 19 year old girl who was falsely accused of marijuana smuggling.
- In June 2010, we won a case against State Fund who was attempting to retroactively assess $100,000 in premiums against a small newspaper distributor.
- In January 2010 we obtained a six-figure settlement on behalf of a construction worker who was injured on the jobsite by the negligence of others.
Death Penalty Qualified in the State of Wyoming
- Rob Schroth recently served as co-counsel in a capitol murder case styled State v. Roberts, CV-2007-46-DC. The client was charged with two counts of felony murder and the State of Wyoming sought the death penalty. After extensive motion practice, the Court released our client on $500,000 bail. Bail for a defendant facing the death penalty is extremely rare. The State subsequently dropped the death penalty and entered a plea to manslaughter in February 2009.
- We have appeared and successfully brought appeals before the Ninth & Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. In fact, a published opinion in the case of Dunbar v. Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, 392 F.3d 1145 (10th Cir. 2004) is considered a landmark decision in the area of ski area safety issues. We have also successfully appealed and argued cases to the Wyoming Supreme Court. In October of 2008, we won an appeal before the Ninth Circuit. In a landmark decision the Court of Appeals determined that a debt collector’s failure to advise a consumer that a phone call would be monitored was a violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Class Action Litigation
- We have been certified as class counsel in four class action lawsuits in the last year. Three of them have been settled. We have the time and financial resources to vigorously pursue these causes to a conclusion.